“Come and help us celebrate World Animal Day which happened on 4th October 2019 – along with people around the globe we will be marking the importance of animals in all our lives and focusing on ways we can improve their welfare. THE DISPLAY WILL ALSO BE OPEN DURING OCTOBER HALF TERM.
Brantwood is hosting a range of activities and displays on the day including:
– a children’s animal trail around our gardens – a hunt for children (and accompanying adults) using a map to find places in the gardens where we have put information about local animals and birds;
– various activities/ information displays in our ‘Loft’ event space including:
– a video recorded locally of birds and animals – for example a local nuthatch nest which was filmed over a period of weeks during nesting/fledging;
– photographs taken locally of our wildlife;
– an interactive activity asking visitors to record animals/birds that they see during their visit to Brantwood on the day;
– information displays about local organisations working to protect/promote wildlife.
All these activities are included with a house/garden ticket. So come along and share in the richness of our local wildlife and the work of local organisations trying to protect and promote local animals and other creatures.
If you want to know more about World Animal Day have a look at the website of Naturewatch see https://naturewatch.org/campaign/world-animal-day?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7qT2rrCZ5AIVDuJ3Ch0khg95EAAYASAAEgK4OfD_BwE